Sunday, April 09, 2006

Spring has sprung!

Well this blog has been mighty quiet up to now. Well, there was Christmas, then New Year's, birthday, etc. and i have been involved in trying to lose weight. I looked at myself and saiid enough is enough. I started at the end of January with Weight Watchers online and have lost 17+ pounds so far. Yay for me.

I cracked open the bees yesterday - I didn't take all of the frames out - and they seem to be going to town. I met my first goal of NOT KILLING THEM (big goal, huh?!) so now let's see if we can actually get some honey. I have to order more frames and put another super on one of the hives. The other seems to have some room left, but I think I will get a super ready for it, too, while I am at it.

We went for a little walk today and saw the early spring wild flowers - trillium, violets (purple and white), etc. The redbud is blooming and it is glorious. I love spring. The hillsides are that lovely spring green.